Ewout van Mansom
Programmer and sysadmin. I reverse-engineer products and online games, develop open-source and proprietary software, self-host and maintain own hosting infrastructure.
November 2017 - March 2018
OSSO B.V. — Site Reliability Engineer
Development and reliability management of application infrastructure for business customers.
- Reduced response time and system load drastically for an high-traffic website of a client by introducing an HTTP cache (Varnish) into the stack, resulting in more visitor activity on that site.
- Developed an proof-of-concept advertisement delivery platform optimized for low-end mobile devices.
- Modernized the internal blog stack by migrating from an old Mezzanine setup to Ghost and Hugo running on a Kubernetes cluster.
June 2017 - November 2017
Peperzaken — Backend Developer
Development of backend services for internal use.
- Maintained a test suite for data crawling services that gathered subscription information from mobile telecommunications companies in The Netherlands, by reverse-engineering their web portals. Powering the In Control mobile app from Belsimpel.
- Wrote an data crawler making use of the Scrapy framework for PRADO, used for machine learning training utilized in Verifai’s identity verification technology.
May 2017 (one month) and October 2018 (two weeks)
Codeveloped B.V. — Fullstack Developer
Worked on backend applications.
- Development and maintenance of a CRM application used by SLIM Personeelsdiensten.
- Oracle Database-migration of SLIM’s internal CRM system.
- Java, Kotlin, Scala
- PHP, Zephir, Hack
- C, C++, Rust
- C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET
IT infra know-how
- RHL, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Redis, MariaDB/MySQL
- Varnish, VCL
- HAProxy, NGINX, Apache
- Django, Flask
- Phalcon, Laravel, Symfony, Slim
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, LESS
- Lingo, ActionScript
Volunteer Experience & Causes
January 2010 - present
RaGEZONE — Server emulator developer
Development of proprietary, advanced server software that powered a rich, visual and dynamic virtual world with a community of 100K+ young users and 500+ players online at peak hour. Over the span of multiple years I worked closely with a team of other volunteering programmers, content creators and community managers. My areas of work included general game & network programming, database management, reverse engineering, security, artificial intelligence, UX & performance optimization and the overall implementation of new features in our client and server.
July 2017 - present
heeftmijnwebsitehttpsnodig.nl — HTTPS encouragement
I run a dutch website encouraging and informing people why a more secure web is critical, and how to set it up hassle-free. It’s a translation of the English counterpart made by Matt Holt.
March 2017 - present
Bits of Freedom — Local Volunteer
Helping out with local privacy workshops by offering my expertise and always keeping the supply of cookies and range of tea flavours fresh.
August 2015 - present
Jimmy’s Groningen — Peer Supporter
Helping other youth realize their dreams by providing my knowledge, experience, emotional, social or practical help. I also make my avocado sandwiches there.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, operational proficiency in German, learning Icelandic
- Soda top-5:
- Club-Mate, Pimento, Caliente, Minor Figures Nitro Cold Brew Black, Matchati Matcha-icetea
- Music interests:
- I’m a fan of thought-provoking rap songs. Be it German, Dutch or Icelandic. This genre however doesn’t really lend itself for concentration, thus most of the time I listen to electro music.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for references.